Implement SBM minimization with frozen vertices
Ni! This issue is intended to track work implementing vertex freezing during [h]SBM minimization, so that @count0 can see if I'm doing something
stupid incompatible with the bigger picture.
(A link will be added to the relevant branch as soon as there is one.)
- Make it work with a wrapper function around
- User provides a
frozen_verticesargument that will be translated to
- Returns a
[Nested]BlockStatethat does not move frozen vertices and preserves the blocks [hierarchy] containing them.
vertices here, as it makes it easier for the user to grasp which blocks will be preserved. But I'd be fine with either.
Make it work with blockmodels
get_states()should take into account frozen vertices.
- This will be done in the wrapper, so as to keep changes to the existing code to a minimum.
- Alternatively, one may be expected to provide appropriate
Implementing vertex_freezing for
- Unlike its buddy
shrink()has no notion of a list of block vertices (not) to be modified.
- This will require changes to the existing code, including a new parameter
- Once this is done we can check if the later
mcmc_sweepside of things in
Make it work with nested blockmodels
- Nada; depends on the previous.